1. Ben’s hometown — which has been mentioned before — is Partridge, Minnesota; Partridge, Kansas, in Infinite Jest, is the hometown of Ortho “The Darkness” Stice. (Parks and Rec showrunner Michael Schur’s pen name/alter ego, Ken Tremendous, also describes himself as a pension fund manager from Partridge, KS.)
2. Partridge’s mayor (played by J.K. Simmons) is named Mike Stice.
3., 4., 5., and 6.
7. A screen in the law office during the deposition displays the firm’s motto: Gaudeamus Igitur.
8. Ben gets treated by a Dr. Clipperton…
9. …at Facklemore Memorial Hospital.
10. Ann and Chris go to the C.T. Tavis Medical Building…
11. …to see a Dr. Van Dyne.
12. Councilman Jamm’s lawyer is listed in the credits as “Paul Shaw”.
13. and 14. Two of the attendees at the Partridge event are listed in the credits as “Ken Erdedy” and “Kate Gompert”.
Bonus: “There’s only one thing I hate more than lying: skim milk, which is water that’s lying about being milk.” A stretch, I know, but it reminded me of the E.T.A. cafeteria powdered milk controversy briefly described near the end of the novel.
Incandenza-Pemulis Parenting Compatibility Quiz